The weather is about to turn. We’re able to say goodbye to winter and hello to spring and—eventually—summer. That means that it’s time to start thinking about scheduling a heat pump tune-up here in Southeast Louisiana. A heat pump tune-up is more than just a formality: regular maintenance can actually keep your system running the way it’s supposed to!
For example, tune-ups help your cooling system run more efficiently, but they also help prevent major breakdowns. That alone is reason enough to call your local HVAC pros at Foulks Heating & Cooling for a tune-up!
During an inspection and tune-up, our technician will run through a checklist to make sure the following parts of your heat pump are all operating correctly:
- Return air filter
- Safety devices
- Condensation drain
Once the checklist has been completed, your Foulks technician will then begin to make any necessary repairs. Here are some of the maintenance and upkeep work that we’ll tackle while inspecting and maintaining your heat pump:
- Adjust belts
- Clean filters
- Clean blowers
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Remove soot and corrosion
What are the benefits of a heat pump tune-up?
There are many specific benefits of a heat pump tune-up, especially when completed routinely, once or twice per year. Here are just a few of the reasons you should call us for maintenance this spring:
- A tune-up increases the dependability of the heat pump system as it gets very little, if any, downtime throughout the year.
- It increases the efficiency of the heat pump to ensure it doesn’t have to work harder over time to cool or heat your home.
- It extends the lifespan of your system, putting off the day you eventually have to replace the system.
- Routinely replacing air filters helps to maintain good air quality in the home. This is especially helpful for residents in the home who may suffer from or be susceptible to respiratory illnesses, such as asthma.
Call us to schedule your heat pump tune-up this spring
Don’t wait until your heat pump system begins to show the signs of wear and tear. Contact our team to schedule your spring heat pump tune-up. We look forward to serving you and getting your heat pump ready for the summer ahead!